Jason Neufeld

Design Pollination

Did you know that Brooklyn was once commonly referred to as "the Vegetable Capital of America"? Today, interest in agriculture can be observed in the flourishing farmers markets and increased availability of locally produced food. With research that ranged from picking tomatoes at a community farm in Brooklyn to beekeeping in Manhattan, my thesis focuses on pollination and its connection to food production. My concepts and designs explore urban agriculture and the relationship we have with bees.

Biography


My interests oscillate between art and science. I view industrial design as a medium that integrates these two pursuits. As an undergraduate, I studied environmental science at the University of Texas. In Austin, two friends and I formed Redstart Paint Design, a partnership specializing in decorative murals.