Kenzan Tsutakawa-Chinn

What kind of cultural and visual ideas can we mix and share together to create a common vernacular? This is a story about some LEDs and my gramma. Every good idea comes from my grandmother. I took some stuff from my gramma and put some lights in it. A lot of lights. Good ideas can come deep memories, and some deep memories are shared. Can we recognize common "phrases" among us to discuss our station in life? How can we use these visual ideas and phrases to share and comment? I tried to do this with light.

Biography

Kenzan Tsutakawa-Chinn has made furniture in Seattle, textiles in Copenhagen, and a mess in New York. He is a graduate of Sarah Lawrence College, and a native of the Pacific Northwest. He's an Eagle Scout who loves his gramma and knows how to tie many knots, including a falcon's nest. KTC hopes that some day he can do to design what KFC has done to chicken.